6.28.2011

Look of the day: Lace dress



We Can Forget All Our Troubles, Forget All Our Cares and Go Downtown







Anytime I'm able to find those one-of-a-kind, other worldly feeling kind of places, all I want to do is explore. In this case, it is downtown Laredo that makes me feel this way. With its 1960s style buildings, abundance of shops, and crazy traffic, it's kind of funny to say it was love at first sight. The lace dress I'm wearing has been my best downtown purchase to date (it cost me two dollars). Despite the miserable South Texas heat, I found enough courage to check out the warehouses (also known as, the Ropa Usada) where there is literally mountains of used clothing and mobs of people fighting over them. Although it may not have been my cup of tea, I did find a 1990's Calvin Klein cropped sweater that I know I'll practically live in this winter. But nothing about downtown puts me in a greater mood than the Young's Mart jewelry store, I'm talking LookBook worthy jewelry with the most funky appeal. My jewelry collection is starting to take over my room, but I couldn't ask for anything cooler than orange octopuses on my ears or a couple of owl's around my wrist.


Dress: Vintage
Clutch: Goodwill


Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

8 comments:

  1. The jewelry is amazing! It's so unique and gorgeous! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog here :D i like those jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog! keep posting, it looks promising(;
    i followed, do you want to follow mine?

    x zoƩ -lightningfactory.blogspot.com -

    ReplyDelete
  4. i followed you back :) thank you so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Alison! Edwin told me about your blog today and I love it! Take me downtown shopping! I have found some stores where they have amazing clothing, but I have yet to find a warehouse!! Next time I am Laredo, this is what I want to do!
    - Jackie Rod

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have the most amazing body! great, long legs, and love your poses. you should be a model, if not already. :) enjoyed browsing your new blog, and i am inspired. new follower- hope we can stay connected. cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete