9.21.2011

Look of the Day: high-rise vintage jeans

You Call Out My Name for the Love You Need, but You Won't Find it in Me








 After countless months of seeing seventies style retro jeans from the runways, all the way to the streets of Stockholm, to pretty much EVERYWHERE, I must admit I found myself a little bit, well A LOT obsessed. But at first glance I must say I found them to be somewhat intimidating. They are a far, far stretch from the style of clothing I find myself gravitating towards these days and that thought scared me for quite some time. It was until I stumbled upon these while trying on clothes for kicks with my friends (in the most unlikely of shops, of course) and I was instantly sold on the idea. Honestly each and every time I put these on, I just want to dance. They were the cornerstone of one of my most beloved fashion eras and wearing them makes me feel like I'm about to step into Studio 54. I cannot wait to wear them with some cropped sweaters, if only the weather would comply with my wish. Until then I guess I'll have to keep it strictly off the shoulder.

Jumper: American Apparel
Jeans: Old Navy
Backpack: Urban Outfitters
Wedges: Jeffrey Campbell

4 comments:

  1. very cool look!!! If chictopia doesn't put you on the front page then they're crazy XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love this the top is gorgeous and those pants are just fab everything works awesome shoes x
    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much! and i will definitely give your blog a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! I could NEVER imagine you in flair jeans but you pull it off so well! Perfect outfit from head to toe!

    -A

    ReplyDelete