12.09.2011

Look of the Day: "Scarlet and Chiffon"

But You'll Never Tell Me, Cause' That's Not Our Deal










The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced: fashion is actually quite a strange little thing. It's always changing on a consistent basis; one day it's all about floral prints and just as fast as this flower-child craze exploded, it can be gone in the blink of an eye and replaced by something totally unexpected. I guess that idea essentially sums up my style and provides me with some long sought after explanations for my past fashion choices. Hence, this particular outfit. Flashback a few years and the idea of a chiffon button-down paired with a scarlet sweater would have activated my gag reflexes. Luckily, just like fashion, my style preferences are constantly changing with each passing day. In my eyes versatility is fashion; risks are almost always a good thing. And after all, without such risks I don't believe fashion, as well as my personal style, would ever be the same.

Top: Forever 21
Top (underneath): Zara
Shorts: Fletcher
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment