11.23.2011

Look of the Day: "Velvet"

I Never Knew Daylight Could Be So Violent












Looking at these photos, I can't help but instantly feel terribly nostalgic for the chilly (and greatly anticipated) weather that finally decided to grace us with it's presence last week. As luck would have it, our little-winter, as I like to call it,  was merely a glimpse (so long velvet leggings!). It is now currently 86 degrees and I am bare-legged and back in american apparel dresses. Although I am left only to stare at my beloved leather jacket hanging lonesomely in my closet, I will try my absolute hardest to look at mother nature's lack of compassion towards Texas as an opportunity to stock up on more amazing fall pieces (I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF SOME OXBLOOD COLORED DENIM). My bank account is currently drained (yet again) from a spontaneous online purchase which I justified with the usual "I'm going to wear it till I'm 70" excuse, but honestly I couldn't be happier. Expect to see these baby's on the blog soon. As I stare at the computer screen, street style filled with amazing knits and incredibly chic coats literally haunts me! I am so jealous of all those who actually experience a legitimate winter (tights included). I wish all of you an amazing week, filled with family, food, and most of all to  those blessed with proper weather, chic sweaters! Happy Thanksgiving <3


Jacket: Bebe
Shirt: Vintage
Leggings: American Apparel
Wedges: Cooperative

2 comments:

  1. I love love your leggings they are so cool.

    http://colormechic-fashion.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Shaniqua

    ReplyDelete