11.01.2011

Look of the Day: Halloweekend

I Don't Recall Being This Dead

 











It's kind of funny how three and a half hours and an endless supply of black kohl liner and onyx eyeshadow, can end up transforming your weekend. In the heat of the moment, I decided to let go of all my hesitation and just really have some genuine FUN this Halloween (that is what it's supposed to be about after all). For me "letting go" consisted of some EXTREME deviations from my usual tastes. The result? Channeling Lady Gaga's iconic Skeleton ensemble and being somewhat of a cross between Minnie Mouse and a Cat, to be honest I couldn't have been any happier with both looks. My favorite hands down, has to be the Skeleton (and this isn't just because I finally got to take my beloved Missoni heels for a spin), who knew ghoulish makeup and a perfectly tailored rendition of a tuxedo could be so chic? In times of stress, college exams and sleep-deprivation, a weekend of sheer fun and dress-up is always the perfect anecdote to literally anything.

Skeleton Ensemble:
Blazer- Express
Pants and Shirt- BDG
Heels- Missoni for Target
Make-up and hair- Done by me

Mouse:
Sweater- Aeropostale
Shorts- Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment